Friday, December 22, 2006

Digital Picture Frame


This is cool, a great present for my dad. I took an old Dell Latitude L400 and stripped off the plastics from the motherboard and the LCD, removed the speaker, internal wifi, keyboard and touch pad and glued it to a wood frame I put together. I'm currently gluing on the plexi to cover the front frame. I just have to figure out how to make the power button accessible without having to open the front frame. Once on, the laptop boots straight into the only account on the machine. Slickr is in the startup folder so it runs as soon as the desktop is loaded. Slickr is set to access my Flickr account and search for my private photos with a specific tag I gave them. So my dad can watch photos load onto his picture frame as soon as I upload them. Here are some more photos of the project.

No comments :